Established as an official U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) institute in 1992, with programs dating back to 1946, the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) is a national leader in science education and research.
Find an Internship or Research Opportunity and start making an impact today! http://see.orau.org
Our nation needs a steady supply of scientists and engineers to meet future needs in critical science and technology areas. Students in science, technology, mathematics, and engineering (STEM) fields need the skills, knowledge, and experience to stay competitive in an ever-changing global marketplace.
Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU) Science Education Programs connects you to over 7,000 internship, fellowship, and research opportunities for undergraduates, graduate students, recent graduates, and faculty around the U.S.
Fundamental to ORISE's mission objectives are:
- research surrounding occupational hazards' health risks
- environmental cleanup assessments
- radiation medical emergency response
- scientific peer reviews
- health communication and technical training
- national security and emergency preparedness, and
- the education of the next generation of scientists.