The Amgen Scholars Program has two main objectives:
- To increase learning and networking opportunities for undergraduate students committed to pursuing science or engineering careers; and
- To spark the interest and broaden the perspective of undergraduate students considering scientific careers.
Amgen Scholars will:
- Take part in important university research projects, gain hands-on lab experience and contribute to the advancement of science;
- Interact with and receive guidance from faculty mentors, including some of the world's leading academic scientists; and
- Attend scientific seminars, workshops and other networking events.
Financial support is a critical component of the Amgen Scholars Program.
Please note that details vary by host university. See each university's summer research program website for more information.