Volunteers Needed for Newman Center Book Sale

| 5 Comments | No TrackBacks
Hello, everyone!!!

I hope you all have been having an enjoyable summer. :)  It's not over yet!  However, as the temperatures cool and our minds start thinking of school again, it's time to gear up for St. Thomas More's annual book sale.  I am amazed at the generosity of the community in donating books to our sale and so grateful for all of you volunteers who make the sale possible.

After receiving favorable responses to last year's email campaign for cashiers, I definitely wanted to begin with this mode again!

The 2012 Book Sale will be held from Friday, Sept. 14 through Sunday, Sept. 16.  Volunteer shifts for cashiers will remain the same as last year.

Friday, Sept. 14:
5-7:30
7:30-10

Saturday, Sept. 15:
9-11:30
11:30-2:00
2:00-4:30
4:30-7

Sunday, Sept. 16:
11-1:30
1:30-4

Please let me know if you are interested in cashiering for any of the above time slots.  I also welcome any preferences you may have as far as location (working inside the building or outside by the tent) or a preference for a certain position (such as the antique room, children's books, large orders on Friday night, etc.).  If you are unavailable to assist as a cashier at the Book Sale, please let me know that, too, so that I don't bug you next week with a phone call!!

For those of you who are Steelers fans, the Steelers will be playing the New York Jets on Sun. Sept. 16 at 4:25p. (Just a note to help you plan your availability!)

Thanks, in advance, for all that you do to help the Book Sale to be such a success!!!  Looking forward to hearing from you all!   I can be reached at melissa@footefamily.net.

Melissa Foote

5 Comments

Thanks, Kevin! I shall be checking this site regularly for the information! This has beenvery helpful!

I can't wait to help with these volunteer opportunities with my fellow HC students!

I can work over the Steeler game if Freshman are allowed?