Things to do in class
- Type Chinese characters (3 ways)
(1) type online (only need the internet connection)
http://pinyin.sogou.com/cloud/?r=pinyin (Sougou cloud input)
(2) change the setting in your computer (PC or Mac)
(3) download Google Pinyin
2. Annotation (add Pinyin and English annotation)
Try the webpages:
http://english.cntv.cn/program/learnchinese/20100831/100943.shtml (Copy the text, paste it to the Mandarinspot.com website)
http://www.voanews.com/chinese/news/20111028-Hong-Kong-University-President-132770963.html (Copy the text, paste it to the Mandarinspot.com website)
(2) other websites
3. Stroke order of characters
- http://www.yellowbridge.com/chinese/character-stroke-order.php?searchChinese=1&zi=%E5%9C%8B (stroke order, translation, etc.)
- http://www.archchinese.com/arch_animation.html (stroke order, pronunciation, phrase, dictionary)
Find more resources and tools at : https://sites.google.com/site/chinese100a/
Homework, due Monday,
1. Please type a paragraph or two in Chinese to introduce yourself and your family. If you do not want to talk about yourself and/or your family, you can talk about the character Li You (李友) in our textbook, or any other family you would like to introduce.
Please post your homework in our D2L > Discussions > Typing Homework
2. Correct the mistakes on your exam.
3. Preview Lesson 4 Part 1.