Help, Please!

| 4 Comments | No TrackBacks

Thumbnail image for innovation.jpgWhat's in a name?

Juliet once said:

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."

Shakespeare might have been right, but having a catchy, memorable name never hurts your cause.

A lot rides on the names of products, services, companies and even people. Hollywood starlets rename themselves all the time to make their personal brand more appealing and memorable. Did you know there are even professional namers, (i.e. people who sit around all day thinking up creative names for new companies, products, etc.)? Certain brand names such as Kleenex, a facial tissue brand, have become so embedded in the public's mind that everyone knows that product as its brand name. Other examples include Band-Aid, Chapstick and Brillo Pad. (For a more thorough alphabetical listing, click here.)

Above image provided by Microsoft ClipArt.

yelling.jpg

The ugly aftermath of writer's block, brought to you by Microsoft ClipArt!

I Need Your Help!

Yes reader, that means you. The thing is, I don't like the name of my blog, and I seem to be in a creative bind as far as formulating a new one. I reached out to my Facebook friends, and the effort yielded two results... from the same person (who also happens to be my roommate *sigh*). View her ideas here, and then give me some new ones...stat! 

These are ideas she has formulated so far:

1. Exploring Indiana's Artistic Expertise

2. Ingenutiy in Indiana

Here are my ideas:

stumped.jpg

This is me. I'm stumped. And also an Asian male.

So as you can see, I have a lot of work to do, and I am commissioning YOU, magnificent, creative, wonderful, thoughtful reader (becaue I probably only have one, total) to leave beautiful comments to help me find a new title instead of "Artsy Fartsy" (barf).  And while you're at it, how about browsing (and commenting!) my hard-working colleagues' blogs here.

For real, I don't want to speak for everyone, but I think even if you wrote "I hate this blog," we would be happy.

Update: I've received one new suggestion via Facebook. "This is Art Town." Thoughts??

4 Comments

How about:
"Their art, my words, our vision"

I like "artsy fartsy" as is -- edgy, catchy, with a touch of professional critical detachment.

Or:

IndyArtsy? Local.

As much as I hate to agree with Loomis, I REALLY like "Artsy Fartsy Indiana."

Keep Artsy Fartsy--so named, it is not "artsy-fartsy" yet is, indeed "artsy-fartsy."

This page contains a single entry by Ms. Rose Victoria Catlos published on October 19, 2010 11:34 PM.

House Shows was the previous entry in this blog.

Failed Attempt at Live Blogging: India Day 2010 is the next entry in this blog.