Pescatarian?

| No Comments | No TrackBacks

So you are probably thinking to yourself "what is a pescatarian?"  Well, I am here to tell you what it is and how you can transition into that lifestyle.

The term pescatarian was first used in 1993 and has an alternative spelling of pescetarian.  A pescatrian is a person whose diet includes fish but no meat.  It is up to the person if they want to include eggs and dairy in their diet.

For me, the hardest part has been giving up certain meats like chicken and some pork.  I have eliminated steak from my diet for over 10 years.  Working at Domino's Pizza makes it slightly difficult to give up altogether on meat but I am working very hard.

I did not choose to live the pescatarian lifestyle because I wanted to be healthy.  I chose this after I viewed an episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashian's.  They approached Khloe to be a spokesperson for PETA.  After I saw this, I looked PETA up online and was horrified to learn all of this information about animal cruelty.  I decided I wanted to do my part to help end animal cruelty.

Throughout the semester, I will be blogging about pescatarian information, recipes, restaurants with menus suitable for pescatarians and more!