The purpose of the Fashion Association is to provide a professional organization for IUP students to enhance and promote fashion knowledge and awareness in fashion related fields. The objectives of this organization are:
- To provide the opportunity for professional interaction with outstanding leaders in the field.
- To promote fashion awareness within the IUP community.
- To provide leadership opportunities for IUP students.
- To promote career awareness in fashion related fields.
- To provide greater visibility of IUP’s fashion related academic programs.
- To encourage active participation among group members.
Each year, the IUP Fashion Association plans and hosts several events beneficial to its members. These include:
- Designer fashion show
- Administrative Professional’s Day style show and luncheon
- Annual study tour to New York
- Annual study tour to Pittsburgh
- Guest speakers from the industry
- Participation in Attire to Aspire
- Social activities and educational trips
- Other activities as opportunities arise throughout the IUP and Indiana community
Members of the IUP Fashion Association are highly encouraged to get involved with the activities the organization offers. Student roles in organizing and implementing Association activities help prepare them for future careers such as stylists, fashion show coordinators, buyers, visual merchandisers, public relations professionals, and product developers. Members are also encouraged to propose and take an active role in developing new activities and opportunities that will benefit fellow members of the Association in order to better prepare them for their future careers in fashion.
Membership in this organization is open to all members of the IUP community.
TrackBack URL: https://blog.iup.edu/mt-tb.cgi/8075