Something Fishy

| 2 Comments | No TrackBacks
This week we are changing things up a little bit. By that, I mean instead of chicken we are moving to fish; salmon to be exact.

Some might ask, Why salmon? This is easy enough to answer. It is, in my opinion, one of the best tasting fish. According to world's healthiest foods, Salmon contains a lot of vitamins essential to the body that other fish doesn't contain.

Here is more information about the health benefits.

Now, onto the recipe.

We won't be straying from the main ingredients mentioned in the first entry, in fact, the only thing changing is the salmon.

First buy yourself some frozen salmon. I got mine at Wegman's. It came in a pack of approximately 10-12 filets for about $15. Not a bad deal if you ask me.
Step 1:
Start the rice. It's easy enough just follow the direction and measurements on the back of the box.

Step 2:
Thaw out the salmon.
2012_0402AC.JPG
(This is one serving size according to the package)

Step 3:
Create the marinade for the salmon from the ingredients.
2012_0402AF.JPG
1 Tablespoon of Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Cumin
2 Tablespoons Honey
5 packets Soy Sauce
A pinch of salt and pepper
*Add a SMALL amount of sriracha for some heat, if you want.
(these are approximations. Add of subtract what you would like and taste along the way.)

The marinade should look something like this:
2012_0402AA.JPG
(Notice the marinade is thick but at the same time runny)

Step 4:
Add the salmon to the marinade, after is is completely thawed. I recommend doing this about an hour before. Any longer and the fish could start to go bad since it won't be on ice.
2012_0402AD.JPG

Step 5:
Cook the salmon, just as the rice is finishing up. You don't cook the salmon the whole way through so it will only take about 5-7 minutes to cook. Make sure you cook both sides.

Step 6: 
Shred the salmon in the pan, into small pieces and combine with rice. It doesn't hurt to add the remaining marinade with the rice and salmon to get some extra flavor.

Turn the burner to HIGH heat and constantly stir the rice and salmon mix for about 5 more minutes. Just to make sure everything is cooked through.

Step 7:
Plate the dish and enjoy!
2012_0402AG.JPG
(This is only one serving. I could barely finish the plate and I am the kind of person who enjoys eating. So, hopefully, it should be able to fill you as well.)

This is the recipe for the day, if there are any questions about it comment and I will answer them for you!

Food Fast Fact: Chinook Salmon are the largest salmon in the Pacific. Some can grow to be over 100 pounds. However, it is rare, and most weigh around 30-40 pounds, according to the national wildlife federation.

2 Comments

Fish is quite healthy than chicken and mutton. Many doctors adviced me for fish not other so that i always prefer Fish and my family like to eat fish. I would love to fishing in the river. When i was child i use to go river and swim. My friends and i used to catch fish, that time was really great, but now when i remember my childhood i really enjoy.

558875 209341I just could not go away your web site before suggesting that I very enjoyed the usual info a person supply to your guests? Is going to be back ceaselessly to be able to inspect new posts. 875910