First I am going to start by giving the recipe that you will be making. Below I have listed the ingredients. You will notice that I have a list for a marinade and a list of "other ingredients". The need to be prepared a few hours before you cook the meal so the chicken is able to absorb the flavors.
It is important that the chicken is thawed out before marinading it. You can defrost it in the microwave or sit in the fridge the night before.
Marinade: (Let chicken soak for at least 3 hours.)
- 8 Soy Sauce Packets
- 5 Cloves of garlic
- 2 T. Honey
- 1/2 T. Sriracha
- 1 T. Cumin
- 1 T. Onion Powder
- 1/2 T. Cinnamon
- 3 - 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 White Onion
- 1 Bell Pepper (Green, Red, Orange or Yellow. The choice is yours.)
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 T. Oil (Canola or Olive work the best)
- 1 T. Cumin
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Pepper
Now that all the ingredients are together let's starts the cooking process. For the actual cooking you will need two skillets (one large and one small) as well as a saucepan (Only if you are including rice).
If you are cooking rice with your meal it is important to start that about 10 minutes before everything else. This way it will have enough time to cook properly. Just follow the instructions on the back of the box.
Steps: (Everything used is from the "other ingredients" section above)
1. As instructed earlier get the rice started and put on the stove.
2. Grab the large skillet and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Turn the stove on, to a medium heat to get the oil to start heating.
3. Peel the skin off the onion and cloves of garlic. The skin cannot be digested so this step is important. You also need to clean the pepper.
4. After the skin is peeled and pepper cleaned you need to dice the vegetables. Make sure the sizes of the dice are the same so that it will cook evenly.
5. Make sure your pan is hot. Drip some water into the pan, it should sizzle and move around frantically before dissolving. Then dump all the vegetables into the pan.
6. Make sure to stir the vegetables constantly so that the heat gets distributed among them evenly. Cook them as long as you feel necessary. I like mine really soft, but a lot of people enjoy the vegetables still crispy.
7. Next you will heat up the small pan on a medium heat. Grab ONE (unless cooking for more than one person) chicken breast and start cooking the breast. If it doesn't sizzle when it is placed on the pan, the pan is not hot enough. Allow more time for the pan to get hot, if this happens.
8. Cook the chicken on one side until the marinade on the outside begins to caramelize. Once it has a dark caramel color flip it over and do the same to the other side.
9. Finally, grab a plate. The food can be served however you want it to be. Be creative with it and impress your friends with you culinary expertise!
Note: Chicken needs to be cook the whole way through. If you start to eat it and there is pink in the middle put in back on the stove until it is cook through.
Make sure to comment and give any ideas of things you would like to see cooked!
TrackBack URL: https://blog.iup.edu/mt-tb.cgi/8548