Outsiders Experience...

| No Comments | No TrackBacks

Many college students visit various other schools during their college years, mostly because their friends attend them. My favorite part about going to other schools is getting to eat at their dining facility, one reason being I don't have to waste a guest swipe on my friend and I love seeing what type of food other schools have and how it's set up.

Since my freshman year in 2008 I've had many friends come visit me at Indiana University of Pennsylvania and we would also go to Foster's Dining Hall because I didn't have to waste FLEX and we had a larger selection.

"Your cafe has more selection, which is much needed since your food sucks," said Amber L. Deardorff a senior at East Stroudsburg University.

Deardorff visited IUP in October of 2011.

I'd like to agree with her comment because it's true IUP's food really isn't all that great, obviously everyone has their own opinion and I am more than open to to taking others thoughts about our food.

But it isn't always about the food that puts a bad memory in visitors minds, some have bad experiences.

On Wednesday April 18, 2012 I went to the cafe with a friend who was up for the day visiting the school after being accepted to the Fall 2012 semester.

We were standing in line waiting for order our omelets and it literally took 10 minutes to even be noticed. We stood there aimlessly waiting for one of the two women be hide the counter to even acknowledge our presence.

They were talking and gossiping about how they get treated badly at work and no one really cares about that, which says one thing about Aramark and how they are obviously not treating their employees that great.

Once we ordered our eggs after being ignored for 10 minutes the lady was mentioning to us that their was someone sick and he was in the break room and that management did not want to do anything about it.

"I thought it was rude and unprofessional to be gossiping right in front of students who came to eat not listen to people complain about their jobs," said Brendan R.W Davis a previous Bloomsburg University student.