The Internship Office in Room 302 Eberly maintains an internship employer database that is made available to eligible business students. The database contains those employers that have requested an internship or hired an Eberly intern in the past. To access the database, the following steps are followed.
· Eligible students, usually juniors, seniors or MBA students go to www.iup.edu/business/internships, click on Information for Students, Preparing to Find an Internship, and then, Inquiry Form.
· Maureen Bash at the Internship Office receives the form by way of email, forwards it to the student's department coordinator, sends an email to the student suggesting to contact the department coordinator along with his/her resume and letter
· The department coordinator reviews the student's internship pre-requisites and resume/letter, and suggests Maureen Bash to release the internship database
· Maureen Bash sends the username and password to the student along with login instructions.
· The student goes to www.iup.edu/business/internships , clicks on Information for Students, Finding an Internship, Employer Database, Internship Database Login, enters username and database, and reviews the prospective employers. The student contacts the employers directly, and checks the internship opportunities are still available.
· There are numerous other ways of identifying prospective employers that will be posted in future articles. Stay tuned. Good luck!