Most important meal of the day

| 1 Comment | No TrackBacks
We always hear that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but why is this true?

The consumption of an early morning snack increases the metabolic rate and kick starts your body into gear, telling it what to expect the rest of the day. If breakfast isn't had, your body doesn't process your next meal as quickly and tries to hold onto those nutrients. Since it didn't get any morning fuel, it tries to hold onto the afternoon meal as long as possible instead of burning it right away.

Cherry Almond Oatmeal
This is a personal favorite breakfast food of mine. It's about 266 calories and takes only 10 minutes to prepare. It keeps me full and focused till lunch.

1 Comment

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day so I am super glad to here it is the most important. Now I no when I wake up hungry and start my day by eating something healthy it is good for me. I was getting tired of my original oatmeal flavors that I have been living off of in Indiana, thanks for recommending a new one. I hope it helps keep me full and focused as well during these long spring school days.