Manning chooses Broncos, leaving Tebow odd man out

| 1 Comment | No TrackBacks

nfl_g_peytonmts_200.jpgTebow-Broncos.jpg

"Tebowmania" has come to an end in Denver. On Monday Peyton Manning made his choice for what team he will play for in the 2012 season and it's the Denver Broncos. His decision came down to either the Broncos or the San Francisco 49ers, with the Tennessee Titans on the outside looking in. His relationship with former Broncos QB and now head of football operations, John Elway, helped lead Manning to his decision. Sources close to Manning said that his head was telling him San Francisco, but his heart said Denver.

"I realize I don't have 14 years left, by any means," Manning said. "This isn't something where I'm just building a foundation to do something in two years or three years. This is a now situation. We're going to do whatever we can to win right now. That's all I'm thinking about right now." Manning said as he was introduced to the media, Tuesday.

The Broncos signed Manning to a 5-year, $96 million deal, showing how much confidence that he can still play like an all star and in Manning as the leader of their offense.

"He's a guy that raises all boats. He's already made (his teammates) better, and they haven't met him yet just because of the type of person he is, his reputation and what he's done in this league. So, he's just going to have a tremendous effect on the Denver Broncos." Elway said.

Huge fallout from this deal is Denver having to trade Tim Tebow. After one of the most exciting and crazy seasons in Broncos history and becoming a nationwide icon, he will leave Denver and bring "Tebowmania" to another city.

"I know what kind of player Tim Tebow is, what kind of person he is ... and what an awesome year he had this year. If Tim Tebow is here next year, I'm going to be the best teammate I can be to him; he and I are going to help this team win games. If other opportunities present themselves to him, I'm going to wish him the best." Manning said.

Last season, Tebow led the Broncos to a division title and a playoff victory, but along with his success came some failure that made people question whether he should be a starting QB. In his final game as a Bronco he played the worst game of his career as Denver was blown out 45-10. Many people still believe in Tebow and it won't be long before he is back on the field starting for his new team.

"Tim Tebow's a great kid. If I want someone to marry my daughter, it's him," Elway said.

Getting back to Manning, this move definitely makes them a playoff team and division winner. What we don't know is deep into the playoffs he can take them. For me, this makes them the best team in the AFC. Now that they have an elite QB with their great defense they have a perfect balance and will be very tough to beat. The Denver Broncos will represent the AFC in Super Bowl 47.

Photo credit: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7715170/denver-broncos-fans-bittersweet-arrival-peyton-manning-expected-departure-tim-tebow  http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en_fuego/2012/03/manning-to-broncos-should-mean-tebow-to-dolphins.html

1 Comment

I think Manning will do well with the Broncos. I'm just happy to see Manning back playing. I hope his season takes off and he plays well. I personally just want to see the Eagles do well.

This page contains a single entry by Mr. Frank J. Tyler published on March 23, 2012 1:22 PM.

Colts cut ties with Manning was the previous entry in this blog.

Tebow Jetting to New York is the next entry in this blog.