With only four days until the Super Bowl here are some interesting facts about the big game. Tomorrow come back to see my prediction.
1. BenJarvus Green-Ellis will wear a special chin strap called the "Impact Indicator", which will measure the impact of hits he takes.
2. If the Giants win they will be the first team to do that while having been outscored by their opponents in the regular season. They are now the first to make it with that. PF(394) PA(400)
3. This is the ninth Super Bowl rematch of a regular season game decided by a TD or less. Seven of the previous eight won by the team that lost the first game (Patriots).
4. Eli Manning and Tom Brady are the third set of starting QBs to meet in multiple Super Bowls.
5. Tom Coughlin and Bill Belichick were both on the coaching staff of the 1990 Super Bowl champion Giants.
6. This is the first time a pair of Super Bowl MVP QBs face each other in the Super Bowl.
7. 10,168 is the highest combined passing yards by the starting QBs in a Super Bowl.
8. BenJarvus Green-Ellis has an NFL record of 536 catches and carries without a fumble.
9. The Giants have 13 and the Patriots have 7 returning players from Super Bowl 42.
10. Tom Coughlin can become the oldest head coach to win a Super Bowl. (65)
11. This will be the first Super Bowl legally streamed online. It is also available on mobile phones.
12. A 9-7 team has never won a Super Bowl. (Giants)
13. This is the sixth Super Bowl rematch.
14. This is the seventeenth time NBC is broadcasting the Super Bowl, tying CBS for the most by any network.
15. The Patriots can be the first to lose a Super Bowl in 4 different decades. (80s, 90s, 00s, 10s)
16. The Giants can be the first to win a Super Bowl in 4 different decades. (80s, 90s, 00s, 10s)
17. Every team the Giants beat in the playoffs had a better record.
18. This is the second consecutive Super Bowl between teams with at least 3 Super Bowl victories.
19. This is the fifth Super Bowl between teams with multiple Super Bowl victories.
20. The Patriots are favored by 3.5.
21. The favorite is 31-14 all-time.
22. Bill Belichick is now tied for second for most Super Bowls as head coach. (5)
23. The team wearing white has won 6 of the last 7 Super Bowls. (Giants)
24. With Kelly Clarkson singing the National Anthem, 4 of the last 5 Super Bowls have had the Anthem sung by a former American Idol contestant.
25. Indianapolis is the second state capital to host a Super Bowl.
26. Eight of the Patriots starters went undrafted.
27. The Patriots have the worst ranked defense in a Super Bowl. (31)
28. A 30-second commercial will cost $2,800,000.
29. The NFC leads 24-21 in Super Bowls.
30. The AFC is 6-3 in Super Bowls played in February
31. The team that scores first in the Super Bowl is 29-16
32. The Giants have broken the streak of 10 consecutive seasons with a different NFC champion.
33. 325,500,000 gallons of beer will be drunk by Americans during the game.
34. The team that wins the coin toss is 22-23.
35. Teams that intercept a pass for TD are 11-0.
36. No Super Bowl has gone to overtime.
37. The Patriots have won 10 straight games.
38. The Patriots last loss was against the Giants.
39. Belichick and Brady have the most Super Bowl appearances by a head coach and QB combination. (5)
40. Tom Brady became the fifth QB to throw for 5,000+ yards in his playoff career.
41. Tom Brady is the second QB to start five Super Bowls.
42. If the Giants win, David Carr will become the third number one overall QB to win as a backup.
43. Tom Coughlin can become the thirteenth head coach to win multiple Super Bowls.
44. Belichick can two Super Bowls with more roster turnover than any other head coach. Only three remain from the 2001 season.
45. The first two Super Bowls the Giants won were four years apart. Their last Super bowl win was four years ago.
46. Since 2001 the Giants are one of only two teams to have a winning record against the Patriots.